Morrill Performance has officially partnered with the American Ultimate Disc League (AUDL), the premier professional ultimate league in the world. The league took notice of Functional Performance Training(FPT), MP’s elite strength and conditioning for ultimate, before the 2015 season and both parties began talks about the partnership.
FPT was developed by Coach Tim Morrill from over 5 years in the field. It focuses on 2 critical areas for athletes: reducing risk of injury and increasing performance by increasing efficiency of movement. AUDL rockstar Jonathan “Goose” Helton, Captain of Chicago Wildfire, has been working with Tim Morrill for years including during his 2 year reign as the league MVP in 2012 and 2013. Goose also holds the single game record for D’s at 8. You may have seen Tim and Goose on the AUDL Youtube and Facebook page, they have created an 8 video series to breakdown each section of FPT:
- Self Myofascial Release (SMR)- foam rolling and lax ball tissue work.
- Static Stretching- focusing on the hips, these stretches will increase range of motion
- Glutivation and Mobility– Activation of glutes is a critical step to prep you for games/workouts.
- Cone to cone active warm up- groove out patterns you will use on the field.
- Linear Speed- Run faster with efficient mechanics.
- Agility- Change direction faster
- Strength and Power- Primarily used in off-season, get stronger and produce more power!
- Conditioning- Play harder for longer.
Check out the AUDL Facebook page for episodes 4-8 during the remainder of the season!