Chris Wicus MPS, CSCS, CFSC, FMSc, FRCms
Chris Wicus is the Director of Training and Education at Drive 495 in NYC. As a strength coach Chris has worked with Johnny Bravo, University of Colorado Mamabird and many New York area ultimate teams. As an athlete Chris has played for Mamabird, the New York Rumble and Humiliswag Beach Ultimate.
Chris and Tim started collaborating back in 2013 when he was featured on Episode #4 of the Explosive Ultimate Podcast. Since then Tim has visited Drive 495 on two separate occasions train with Chris in person.
As a former ultimate player, a successful strength coach / personal trainer and a relentless learner Chris has a wealth of knowledge and is a valued member of our training community.
In this episode Tim & Chris Discuss:
- Chris’s work with the National Championship Team Johnny Bravo
- Chris’s career path to become to become successful in the performance industry
- The art of coaching and how to empower your athletes as a trainer
- Understanding the nervous system in max effort deadlifting
- The concept of “Dynamic correspondence”
- Throwing sequencing and technique (ex: Chicken vs Ben Wiggins)
- The difference demands of hip flexion in beach ultimate vs grass ultimate
- Understanding how force dissipation effects ER bias in beach ultimate
- What is a “next generation strength coach”
- Understanding “triphasic training” and why we use it at MPFPT
- The upright torso in Acceleration vs Top End Speed
- Understanding the systems in energy system development