Kevin Carr Bio
Movement as Medicine CO-OWNER, LICENSED MASSAGE THERAPIST, CERTIFIED FUNCTIONAL STRENGTH COACH, CERTIFIED STRENGTH & CONDITIONING SPECIALIST
Whether he is working as a coach or therapist, Kevin’s goal is to help you move better so that you can excel at the activities that make you happy.
Kevin has already amassed a wealth of experience in the field of sports performance and personal training while working at Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning in Woburn, Massachusetts. Working with everyone from US Olympians looking for a competitive edge to the Average Joe or looking to shed some pounds and get healthier he has helped countless clients move better and live healthier lives.
In addition to receiving a Bachelor Degree in Kinesiology from The University of Massachusetts-Amherst and a License in Massage Therapy from Cortiva Institute- Watertown, he is also credited with the completion of numerous continuing education certifications including FMS, SFMA, NKT Level 1 and 2, FRC, FAPP, Pn1, and PRI.
In this episode Tim & Kevin Discuss:
- The pro’s and con’s of strength coaches also becoming lisenced massage therapists
- Pros and Cons of certifications and continuing education in the industry
- Why it’s so important to Start With Why in coaching “People don’t buy what you do they buy why you do it”
- Kevins evolution from coaching athletes to coaching coaches
- The ins and outs of the CFSC Certification Level 1 and Level 2 Sport Performance
- Finding balance in the profession and avoiding the burn out
- The importance for trainers to view themselves as a “brand” and entrepreneur mindset in fitness
- The power of full engagement
- Why mediation and mindfulness is important for trainers
- Dan Johns idea of the “arousal knob” and how to use it
- Kevins favorite productivity hacks
- What things have changed in Kevin’s coaching mindset the past year
- Kevins top sleep hacks
- Explanation of Mike Boyles “evolution of a strength coach concept”
- The future of the health care and training industry
- What is Kevin reading lately
- What is next in 2017 for Kevin and his businesses