The MPFPT Forum Admin is more than just a person behind the screen. Zi is an Electrical Engineer by profession in Perth, Western Australia. His creative, analytical, and process-driven thinking naturally lends itself to his craving for understanding the science of human physical performance development. This and Ultimate has led him to Morrill Performance to seek answers and also become a Level-1 Certified Functional Strength Coach (CFSC). Not very often do we have a key member of MPFPT own a home gym, essentially integrating his lifestyle with the environment for reaching peak athletic potential. He sets a great example of what an average joe can achieve when you follow and understand the process.
Athlete career highlights:
- 2015 3rd: Division 2 Australian Ultimate Championship (Sublime Ultimate Club)
- 2016 Champion: Ultimate Apparel Open Beach Ultimate (Humiliswag)
- 2017 7th: Division 2 Australian Ultimate Championship (Sublime Ultimate Club)
- 2017 9th: Division 1 Australian Mixed Ultimate Championship (Sublime Ultimate Club)
- Strength & Conditioning Coach for the Malaysia U-24 2018 WFDF World Ultimate Championship squad.
- Assistant Coach at MP Clinics in Malaysia.
- What are Zi and Tim doing in Malaysia
- How did Zi get started helping with MP
- Zi’s personal mission
- Zi’s home gym set up and behind the scenes peak
- Misconceptions of ultimate athletes
- Why ankle braces can do more harm than good
- Why we do so much single limb training
- Training considerations for beach ultimate vs grass ultimate
- Training age considerations and at what point in an athlete’s training journey should they begin Triphasic Training?
- Why we run serpentines and how Triphasic Training improves serpentine and jab step performance
- What’s the difference between contrast training, complex training and French Contrast Training?
- Zi’s work with Chris Wicus and our quest to understand and apply principles within our Conditioning (Energy System Development) portal
- Zi’s experimenting with Aerobic Plyometrics and what he has learned from exploring this side of ESD
- Why we recommend all of our athletes have HR Monitors and what data we recommend they collect with the monitor
- The importances of periodization and taking a lengthy off-season in order to rebuild your body
- How our MQ, SA, SP, ESD blends together and should be periodized during off-season, pre-season and in-season.
- Ultimate ZiNg Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/ultimatezing/
- Zi’s Instagram (@nejiwiz) https://www.instagram.com/nejiwiz/
- Jansen Yeoh’s Instagram (@jansenyeoh) https://www.instagram.com/jansenyeoh/
- House Atlas Gym https://www.houseatlas.com.my/
- Triphasic Training Program https://mpfpt.com/programs/strength-power/
- Sublime Ultimate Club https://sublime.waultimate.com/