Brendon’s personal mission is to spread the positive by-products of coaching and movement by using strength and conditioning as his platform. As a member of the Crossover care team, he is on a mission to make physical activity the new “most commonly prescribed drug.”
With a degree in Kinesiology from the University of Massachusetts Amherst, Brendon got his start at Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning (MBSC) in Woburn, MA. The growth-focused environment at MBSC motivated Brendon in a way he had never experienced. Over a few short years he progressed to become the Program Director and earned his massage therapy license. Soon thereafter, he started an education company with four co-workers – Certified Functional Strength Coach. In just three years, CFSC has certified over 3,000 trainers in over 20 countries.
Now a California resident, Brendon travels and coaches often for Certified Functional Strength Coach, and has recently become an active speaker at the Perform Better summit conferences. With an inexhaustible drive to learn more, practice his craft, and be the best version of himself, Brendon dedicates his free time to continuing education, dancing with his 3-year old daughter, reading, writing, and enjoying in the outdoors.
In this episode Tim & Brendon Discuss:
- Brendon’s start as a strength coach
- The start of Certified Functional Strength Coaching
- Meeting people where they are
- Stability and Mobility
- Brendon’s approach to holistic healing
- Certified Functional Strength Coach
- Mike Woicik
- The Stability WOD Series
- Elite Performance with Mike Boyle: Improve Shoulder Mobility with one Exercise
- Functional Anatomy Seminars
- Brett Batholomew
- CRUSH IT!
- CRUSHING IT!
- The Godfather
- Boss Life: Surviving my own small business
- Enlightenment Now: The case for reason, science, humanism, and progress
- The E Myth Revisited: Why most small businesses don’t work and what to do about it.
- The Power of Full Engagement: Managing energy, not time, is the key to performance, health and happiness.
- The Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations on wisdom, perseverance, and the art of living.
Connect with Brendon