- Throwing against a straight-up mark. Establishing credible fakes and pivots to gain throwing confidence.
Procedures & Cues – In an open space area, set up two teammates (thrower and marker) with the disc and a third (target) teammate 10-15 yards away. The mark will force straight-up and the thrower has a certain stall count to complete the pass to the stationary third teammate. After the disc is released, the thrower jogs to the target teammate and becomes the new mark. Repeat this cycle for prescribed number of throws or designated time limit. High release throws are fair game but upside down throws are discouraged.
- Marking too far from the thrower
- Excessive travel violations as the thrower pivots and fakes
Regressions / Progressions / Lateralizations
- Marking backwards, marking with hands behind back
- Mario Kart competition – 3 balloons and you’re out. Extend the throwing distance to 20 yards. Start stall count higher. Executing a throw on either the first movement or a fake then release.
Tags – throwing, marking, cleats,